Saturday, July 9, 2011

Great Cars, Poor Owners


As you may know, I started this blog less than a week ago and it has been more successful than I could ever imagine. That’s down to all the people who have graciously decided to look at all the links I tweeted at them. I promise I didn’t mean to spam you; it’s my only real way to get the news out. So I thank you for that. Not all of you have replied but most of you have looked at the page and that’s all I can ask for. The ones who did reply had nothing but kind words to say and I really appreciate that. You all have helped me receive over seven hundred views in just four days, it’s fantastic. While doing some more “promoting” yesterday I came across someone who seemed very interesting to me, a big Audi fan. I was doing a piece on Audi that night and I followed him and asked him graciously to give it a look. The post was written to not only give Audi some press but also show my readers one of my friend’s car reviews, which are hugely popular on Youtube. I do like Audi cars and a good friend of mine whom I went to school with is an Audi fanatic. While at an Audi event at Lime Rock Park, I met many other pleasant Audi folk who even took me around the track a couple times, all in all great people. But like everything else, you will always find those few Audi drivers who are, as Jeremy Clarkson refers to them as, “c*cks”. The ones, who tailgate you on the highway, don’t let you into a lane and in my case, decide to tell me that I was a loser. I will admit it’s not just Audi drivers who are like this; everyone has an example of someone in some type of car being rude. That’s just the world we live it, modern day America. I will not name names for respect of this twitter user, even though I was showed no respect what so ever. But when he responded as rudely as possible, saying to “promote another way” and “I’m not interested” really upset me. Is it such a chore for you to click on a link? Maybe you forgot when you were just getting started as a blogger or editor or whatever it is you do with your life. To all those people who drive Audi’s and are pleasant people, this is in no means directed at you and I respect you and your machine. Much like most cars, they get a bad reputation from the people who drive them. This is the same for every carmaker. BMW drivers are usually jerks; some Mercedes Benz drivers think they’re better than everyone else. But there are always exceptions to the stereotypes and those are the people I like the associate with and respect. Thank you guys for the continued support. I will continue to work hard and with the help of you dedicated viewers I will “succeed” despite what Mr. Negative said. Happy Motoring! http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?39019-Tailgating-Audi-Drivers

No comments:

Post a Comment